Monday, January 10, 2011

deck the halls

And now for the finale of Christmas pics & updates.
First, I would just like to say how thankful I am for a wonderful family that I was able to spend the holiday break with. And more importantly, how thankful I am for the birth and life of Jesus. I just love Christmas so much. I got literally giddy about it clear back in October.
Ok, funny story. Stephen would NOT tolerate ANY Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I thought, "I must have married a legitimate scrooge". Boy was I wrong. The day after Thanksgiving came and that boy can give any Christmas-spirited woman a run for her money. He dragged me to all the stores to buy our decorations. He dragged me to go buy a real Christmas tree. He went WITHOUT me that same day to Target to buy more decorations. And then, if that wasn't enough, he went to Wally's World at 11:00 pm that same night because he wanted to buy some garland. I could not believe it. He LOVES Christmas and I love it because then he does all the decorating and couldn't be happier about it.

At the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert, featuring....DAVID ARCHIE!

My favorite souvenir from Jerusalem
A sleigh Stephen found while at Target, complete with Cinnamon scented acorns (ok, I know they are pine cones, but I always got them confused and Stephen thought that was pretty weirdo)
A wonderful addition to any home - Snow man and his accompanying trees - $35. The joy it brought our home - priceless.

This was Stephen's little creation. We actually still have it up because I think it is so cute!

and drum roll please....the TREE! The real Christmas tree - never mind that it was completely dead by the time Christmas rolled around. Someone forgot to water it consistently. I won't state any names at this time.

Stephen made me open a gift and look surprised. I think I look pretty convincing.

Nice. I know.

Stephen's face actually got stuck like this - doctors are unsure what to do. I'll keep you updated on his status.

Me looking normal.

Stephen insisted we take a picture of me "drowning" in the wrapping paper.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun first Christmas!! I love all your Christmas decor:) I sure do miss you and would love a visit soon please!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How am I just now finding your blog???? Well I love it, it makes me miss you and possibly love you even more. You are delightful! :)

    ReplyDelete